Safe Dog Handling, Apprehension & Bite Prevention
Do you work with dogs? Does your lifestyle through work and social activities regularly place you in contact with unfamiliar dogs?
We provide Bite Prevention and Safe Dog Handling workshops for dog industry professionals, outdoor workers, schools and community groups. Each course is specifically tailored to the individual needs of the group.
Some of the topics covered are:
- Canine behaviour drives,
- Visual indicators to a dogs mindset,
- What to do if approached by a potentially aggressive dog,
- What to do if attacked and injury minimisation.
- Sick or injured dogs
Council Workers, Animal Attendants and Rangers - Industry specific specialised training workshops conducted on:
- Safe dog handling and bite prevention,
- Correct utilisation of equipment; leads, snares, poles, protective sleeves, stalls & bite bars,
- Apprehending potentially aggressive dogs,
- Embarking & disembarking dogs on a vehicle
Training is conducted using highly trained dogs. We are able to travel statewide delivering these workshops at your location or they can be conducted in-house at Total Dog.
Up-Coming Courses at Total Dog:
Contact us for more information